Re: Open ports on a cisco PIX 501

Sure, sure, thanks for your anwser.
At home I have a netgear firewall, and it is so easy to configure ports, I
just have to enter port number, and the IP address it has to be redirected
to, and click on "apply" ;) With cisco all is so hard.

I know how to enter commands in the term, but I just try to figure out what
is the exact command to use... Because if I cannot configure our firewall,
then our network is not really secure. CISCO likes hard configuration stuff
because then people HAVE to buy their configuration lessons ;)

  • Cant get Remote Access to Work
    ... Netgear firewall goes to a Netopia DSL Router ... I have opened all the ports on the Netgear firewall. ... Connection-specific DNS Suffix. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: Cant get Remote Access to Work
    ... Netgear firewall goes to a Netopia DSL Router ... Should DHCP be turned on or off at the router In the netopia, where should it forward ports to? ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)