Re: firewall SP2 is good?

"Jones" <ijones@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:ca8ks1tgkgdd8gbicjpjm4ggs42j5lsfik@xxxxxxxxxx
> Hi,
> I use Win XP Pro and I use the SP2 firewall.
> I'd like to know if I can be calm, everything will be all right?
> thanks

Supplement it with IPsec to stop outbound you can use the Analogx rules and
set it to block the Windows Networking ports as an example.

http://www.petri.co.il/block_ping_traffic_with_ipsec.htm
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/813878

If the machine has a direct connetion to the Internet (no router between the
machine and the modem), then ypu need to go to the O/S and thighten to
attack.

http://labmice.techtarget.com/articles/winxpsecuritychecklist.htm

Duane :)

  • Re: firewall SP2 is good?
    ... >I use Win XP Pro and I use the SP2 firewall. ... >I'd like to know if I can be calm, ... Prev by Date: ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)
  • firewall SP2 is good?
    ... I use Win XP Pro and I use the SP2 firewall. ... I'd like to know if I can be calm, ... Prev by Date: ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)
  • Re: firewall SP2 is good?
    ... > I use Win XP Pro and I use the SP2 firewall. ... then it's probably a matter of days to first compromise, ... And are you running XP pro with a limited user account or an administrator ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)
  • Re: Windows XP SP2 Firewall Problems
    ... Windows XP SP2 firewall is always active. ... when it recognizes ZA Pro, it should transfer control to it. ... then show up in Security Center, unless you turn off the status sharing. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)