Re: ZoneAlarm shuts down my DSL connection

Ron Lopshire <notron@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
> jdarylh1@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> > "Both XP Home and XP Professional include a bare-bones implementation
> > called Internet Connection Firewall. We recommend using a third-party
> > package instead--which means you should turn off XP's ICF." PC World
> Here is a view from the other side of this issue:
> (http://www.samspade.org/d/firewalls.html)
> When you figure it out, let me know. I haven't.

Just an easy game to play: listen, who has the better _technical_
arguments.

Yours,
VB.
--
Ein vision statement ist in aller Regel planfreies Gelalle einer Horde
realitätsferner Spinner.

  • Re: ZoneAlarm shuts down my DSL connection
    ... called Internet Connection Firewall. ... We recommend using a third-party ... package instead--which means you should turn off XP's ICF." ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)
  • RE: version 1.0 and Version 1.1 issues
    ... I think more information is needed before moving ... What's ASPVersionSwitcher you refered to? ... It seems to me a third-party ... I recommend you contact its vendor for any known issue of it. ...
    (microsoft.public.dotnet.framework)
  • Re: Par1284 service failure
    ... I would recommend that you contact the vendor for this service (it is not a ... service in a standard Windows installation, and must be a third-party ...
  • Database with diverse data
    ... Can anyone recommend a good whitepaper, strategy, or book on this... ... a format only understood by the third-party. ... Loose coupling of the unencode algorithms ...