Re: Questions from a newbie

"Prickle" <prick@somewherecom> wrote in message
news:GsSdnYTWqdCatCXeRVnyrA@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Thanks for all the responses .... Need to get to grips with encryption and
> which ports to block

Well if you have a personal FW on the machines, then I would use static
IP(s) on the router for the NIC(s) wired or wireless and block all other
IP(s) but those static LAN IP(s) with the FW(s). That's if you're going to
be doing file sharing between machines.

Duane :)

  • Re: Mainpine IQ Express: PCI-Express multi-port fax board for the free Microsoft Fax Server
    ... The IQ Express does support it. ... except that testing from one set of ports back to another ... I like the results with Brother MFC machines. ... the Microsoft Fax Service that is included with Windows XP/2003 SBS/ ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: Not enough salt for high speed server connection
    ... > they are free to be of any design the management approves. ... > information is considered quite sensitive so strength of encryption is ... How is this salt used? ... > As you would expect the machines with higher clock speeds were able to ...
    (sci.crypt)
  • Re: slow login problems at branch office
    ... Download PortQryUI and from the client side check to see if the ports are ... 389/TCP/UDP LDAP ... 53/TCP/UDP DNS ... SP4 machines and based in the main site. ...
  • Re: Active Directory Questions
    ... That is the Windows Time Service. ... the rest of the machines aren't hard coded to sync with anything and then they ... Windows encryption stuff but does plug into Outlook. ...
    (microsoft.public.platformsdk.security)
  • Re: slow login problems at branch office
    ... I tried all the ports you mentioned below and they all seemed to pass. ... 389/TCP/UDP LDAP ... 53/TCP/UDP DNS ... SP4 machines and based in the main site. ...