Re: Accessing the freedb cd database

jKILLSPAM.schipper_at_math.uu.nl
Date: 11/25/05

Date: 25 Nov 2005 00:53:05 GMT

Geoff <geoff@totalautomotive.org> wrote:
> jKILLSPAM.schipper@math.uu.nl wrote:
>> Geoff <geoff@totalautomotive.org> wrote:

>> Erm... sorry, that's your ISP ('Internet Service Provider'), I guess. I
>> used 'host' to mean 'computer'. Now, from which of your computers do you
>> try to access freedb, are there any errors in the router's log, and are
>> you certain your configuration is ok?
>>
>> Joachim
> hehe, sorry Joachim
> Im trying to access the database via the XP box
> I dont even know if my router does logging :/
> Netcomm NB5Plus4W
> Im fairly sure router config is ok as all comps
> can access all that is needed so far (besides the database)
> Regards
> Geoff

Hmm, so the network should be fine. Checking isn't too easy from here,
of course... ;-)

Have you set up freedb access before? Did it work, then? Can you copy
the configuration data? (In other words, are you certain that the
application works?)

If that fails, could you run a packet sniffer while trying to connect
and post the results here (ethereal works for this - try to find a
text-based format without too much frills to save your data, or save it
as a tcpdump file and send it to me privately, as people won't be happy
if you post it here... get a Windows-based version from
www.ethereal.org.)

                Joachim

P.S. Don't use your real address on Usenet, unless you like spam. I
learned it the hard way, too...

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Jumpstart failed Solaris 10 9/10 release
    ... Provide Solaris Auto Registration Info: ... Oracle Solaris communicates configuration ... To send the configuration data anonymously, ... If using a proxy server, ...
    (SunManagers)
  • Re: Active/Active/Active/Passive and Database Mirroring
    ... that configuration, would be 3 instances. ... As Geoff pointed out, if you ... It's a reasonable design in a four-node cluster to have three SQL2005 ... Microsoft SQL Server MVP ...
    (microsoft.public.sqlserver.clustering)
  • RE: [Newbie] Saving a configuration file (in Xml?)
    ... > I need to store some configuration setting (basically int and float numbers, ... > 1)Save/Load a txt file with the configuration data. ... > 3)Save/Load a XML file. ...
  • Re: Configuration data for a Windows Service
    ... The configuration data for each pluggable object will contain data related ... to modify the configuration for the hosting and pluggable objects. ... I'm pretty sure I want to store this information in XML configuration ...
    (microsoft.public.dotnet.framework)
  • Re: Overwhelmed by choices of Design Patterns
    ... Configuration in general is a pretty platform specific subject (in the ... if the required configuration data can be expressed as key/value pairs ... Reading the system properties is encapsulated in some ... I haven't got the faintest idea what the name of this "design pattern" ...
    (comp.object)