Re: open port 5432 for postgres

From: Wolfgang Kueter (wolfgang_at_shconnect.de)
Date: 11/25/05

Date: Fri, 25 Nov 2005 00:07:02 +0100

Am Thu, 24 Nov 2005 14:09:05 -0800 schrieb renz:

> I'm making progress...I can see port 5432 now when I run the nmap
> command... but it says closed, as well as ports 53 & 80......I probably
> need to check the order of the rules..

Just look at your ruleset with iptables -nvL. It shows you the ruleset
that is loaded and any packet passes through that ruleset until it reaches
one of the final targets.

Final targets are ACCEPT, DROP an REJECT. Non final targets for packets
are LOG and any self-defined chains while ACCEPT, DROP and REJECT are
again the final targets for those self-defined chains.

I'm pretty sure that you'll eventually figure it out. :-)

Wolfgang

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Defending Headshots in BJJ
    ... The ruleset has always been structured against the skills taught in traditional arts. ... anyone remember the fight, or better yet have a link to the clip? ... Think about *targeted* shots- and the idea that many other targets are close enough that they're ignored as well; hip-socket, belly/bladder, navel, thigh crease, upper inside of thighs and so on. ...
    (rec.martial-arts)
  • RE: FW1 External Ruleset validation tools?
    ... FW1 External Ruleset validation tools? ... > What is the easiest way to find out what rule line the supposed packet ... in error, please contact us immediately at 816.421.6611, and delete the communication from any computer or network system. ... technology powered by the award-winning FoundScan engine. ...
    (Pen-Test)
  • Re: iptables udp and output
    ... So, here's the ruleset, re-ordered to provide a clearer view to ... you drop all fragments past the first one of each fragmented packet. ... This is the typical problem to making too selective matches in iptables ... the host and port that were marked as destination in the outgoing UDP packet). ...
    (comp.os.linux.security)
  • Re: [fw-wiz] CERT vulnerability note VU# 539363 (fwd)
    ... > In my experience, ruleset lookup hits on stateless packet ... > packet packet forwarding rules at the top of the ruleset. ...
    (Firewall-Wizards)
  • Re: ipfw rules
    ... >> If the ruleset includes one or more rules with the keep-state or limit ... >> ports) of the matching packet. ... >> These dynamic rules, which have a limited lifetime, are checked at the ... > packets will be rematched before check-state. ...
    (comp.unix.bsd.freebsd.misc)