Re: open port 5432 for postgres

From: Wolfgang Kueter (wolfgang_at_shconnect.de)
Date: 11/25/05

Date: Fri, 25 Nov 2005 00:07:02 +0100

Am Thu, 24 Nov 2005 14:09:05 -0800 schrieb renz:

> I'm making progress...I can see port 5432 now when I run the nmap
> command... but it says closed, as well as ports 53 & 80......I probably
> need to check the order of the rules..

Just look at your ruleset with iptables -nvL. It shows you the ruleset
that is loaded and any packet passes through that ruleset until it reaches
one of the final targets.

Final targets are ACCEPT, DROP an REJECT. Non final targets for packets
are LOG and any self-defined chains while ACCEPT, DROP and REJECT are
again the final targets for those self-defined chains.

I'm pretty sure that you'll eventually figure it out. :-)

Wolfgang