Re: Zone Alarm Disconnects Router from Internet

From: Duane Arnold (notme_at_notme.com)
Date: 11/23/05

Date: Wed, 23 Nov 2005 20:04:34 GMT

Jim <nordland37@yahoo.fr> wrote in
news:vjb9o19iqr211dm89fecoa2jur57esrjhq@4ax.com:

> On Tue, 22 Nov 2005 20:34:17 -0000, "Jason Edwards"
> <none1@invalid.invalid> wrote:
>
>>"Jock" <real_class_a2003@yahoo.fr> wrote in message

>>> I would agree with that, but the fact remains that the router cannot
>>> be restarted with ZA running!
>>
>>Sure it can. Just remove its power supply and then reconnect the power
>>supply.
>
> Here we go again. I repeat the router cannot be restarted while
> ZA is running, however much I disconnect and reconnect the supply,
> do IPCONFIG, PING the router and all the rest of it.

Please man some of the PFW solutions will start blocking all traffic or
go into a traffic lockout mode when the machine goes inactive and you
must tell the PFW to allow traffic again when the machine and PFW become
active again. I don't know how many times I have informed users about
this in other NG(s) when they start whining about I have a router but my
machine doesn't have Internet access nor can I communicate with the
router and I ask them do you have a PFW solution on the machine and they
say yes I do.

Duane :)

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Network Storage Drive is always disconnected after XP startup---Please help
    ... I have a LinkSys Router. ... Windows Media Center Edition 2005 and I only have one login user ... I did check "Reconnect at Logon." ...
    (alt.os.windows-xp)
  • Re: Remote destkop
    ... router would automatically connect again. ... connection is opened, router would automatically register its new internet ... reconnect after each disconnect, then automatically register its new IP ...
  • Re: Idle Time Out (New Feature on Plusnet)
    ... > My router is set to reconnect automatically. ... Either that feature wasn't ... With Netgear routers, disconnecting manually disables automatic ... I've always had a self-inflicted 10 minute time-out set on my router. ...
    (uk.telecom.broadband)
  • Re: ADSL modemlost signal
    ... - I reconnect (e.g. switch the router off and on) ... If the pattern is always something like... ... It makes it more difficult for ISP clients to host sites, ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware)
  • Re: Netgear dg834pn losing connection.
    ... In my neck in the woods when one is, using PPPOE DSL it might be an ... I.e. using a Router and authenticating through ... I have a 1mb connection. ... repowering would not force a reconnect. ...