Re: "Network Cable Unplugged" error (FR114P)

From: George (george_at_hotmail.com)
Date: 10/31/05

Date: Mon, 31 Oct 2005 08:54:38 GMT

Hello, All,

Thank you for all your advices so far. I feel it's the time to stop the
discussion now.
Although, the problem remains, at least, we agreed that it comes from the
Laptop's NIC, Actiontec 82559 based Mini PCI Ethernet Adapter (10/100) and
the router, NetGear FR114P. It seems that the two devices can't properly
auto-negotiate with each other.
This would be valuable information for those who are going to choose a
router in future.

Best Regards,
George

> In article <8O89f.38467$S_1.13520@newsfe5-win.ntli.net>,
> george@hotmail.com says...
> > I have set the NIC to 10mbps/hdx and connected it to the router, and
this
> > doesn't work.
> >
> > To check whether the NIC is ok, I connected the laptop directly to my
> > Desktop and transferred some data. I can see it works well at 100Mbps.
> > Does this test sufficiently prove my NIC on the laptop is working?
>
> It proves one of two devices can't properly auto-negotiate with each
> other. Either get a new NIC or get a new router. Since your NIC will
> properly negotiate a connection at work and with other devices, it would
> be best to replace the router - get one from a different vendor.
>
> --
>
> spam999free@rrohio.com
> remove 999 in order to email me

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Urgent! New router and big disaster
    ... by CEICW for any type of connection other than full time broadband was ... exists - is completely transparent to the SBS. ... "local router with an IP address" is the setup that matches her network. ... between the server and my cable modem. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: Urgent! New router and big disaster
    ... connected to is; what type of connection; or even whether a connection ... exists - is completely transparent to the SBS. ... "local router with an IP address" is the setup that matches her network. ... between the server and my cable modem. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: TV service query ? ? ?
    ... a wireless router. ... a router with extended coverage. ... cable and a wireless connection that you can not see. ... is to have users downloading r/t video, large video files, or other ...
    (alt.home.repair)
  • Re: Xbox 360 and Media Center Connectivity Problems
    ... between the media center pc and the xbox 360.... ... will have to try and research a wireless router/access point that will not ... deter the extender and media center from holding a connection... ... via the router, with the MCE ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.mediacenter)
  • Re: Ipaq 5915 Wireless Network Connection (FAILURE)
    ... It sure seems like the router is doing it's thing OK. ... Ipaq owner with the exact same problem on the hp.com forums and his router ... WIFI connection problems. ... Yes you'll need to set (manually configure an IP address for the Belkin, ...
    (microsoft.public.pocketpc.wireless)