Re: "Network Cable Unplugged" error (FR114P)

From: Bit Twister (BitTwister_at_mouse-potato.com)
Date: 10/28/05

Date: Fri, 28 Oct 2005 14:26:23 -0500

On Fri, 28 Oct 2005 19:08:52 GMT, George wrote:
> As I said, there is no problem if I directly connect to thebroadband modem.
> Also, FYI, the laptop works well within my company's intranet.
> So, I can't see anything wrong with the NIC or OS or cable.
> Any other idea?

Then, power down the cable modem, router, and pc.
Wait 15 seconds by your watch.
Some indicate that the ethermet cables should be unplugged also.
power up the cable modem wait for leds to settle.
plug in cable ethernet cable to router
Power up the router.
plug in laptop ethernet cable to router
Now power up the laptop.

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Router install problem
    ... Since the internet works without the router, ... computer worked with the modem I'm guessing dhcp configured properly on it. ... now you can configure your wireless connection. ... Though you say you've checked the cables. ...
  • Re: general question re resetting/renewing IP connection
    ... I'm still not sure whether you have a Cable or a DSL connection other ... If I manually unplug the router and modem, ... My modem and router are working just fine - I jusr want to know if using, ... apart from manually disconnecting the power cables from my ...
  • Re: Fibre Internet (presumably Fibre to Cabinet) questions
    ... from the master socket to the modem. ... instead to place the modem and router beside the master socket then ... run an ethernet connection from the router to the computer. ... cables from there to the PCs. ...
    (uk.telecom)
  • Re: Router install problem
    ... the internet works perfectly without the router. ... computer worked with the modem I'm guessing dhcp configured properly on it. ... connection when I do this. ... Though you say you've checked the cables. ...