Re: Ok to let all ICMP traffic through firewall?

From: Volker Birk (bumens_at_dingens.org)
Date: 10/11/05

Date: 11 Oct 2005 22:17:03 +0200

Moe Trin <ibuprofin@painkiller.example.tld> wrote:
> >What's your problem with ToS and echo?
> I don't set corporate policy

I understand ;-)

> My home setup is similar - except that I have root on all systems, so
> I can diagnose and fix problems as needed.

Yes.

> Thus far, outbound pings,
> type 3 codes 0-4 and type 11 has worked without problems. What more do
> I need? It ain't broke - I don't have to fix it.

ACK.

Yours,
VB.

--
"Ich bin ein freier Mensch und werde jetzt von meinen Freiheitsrechten
Gebrauch machen - und zwar ausgiebig - natürlich nur in dem Rahmen, den

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Explorer restarts desperate for a solution
    ... >diagnose an ongoing issue isn't beneficial. ... >the "Don't Give Up, I'll fix this SOB". ... I'd first do a Repair install of XP. ... with a repeatable bug who actually wanted to help me find and fix it. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: Problem with a Focus Zetec
    ... I am suppose to diagnose and fix over the phone!!) ... I would love to be able to go down and fix it there, ... top of the gearbox and access is awkward. ... it as a dodgy VSS, and seeing what a b*tch of a job it was to do, I ...
    (uk.rec.cars.maintenance)
  • Re: Diagnosing: Windows cannot find ....
    ... And I had hoped that the update might fix the problem. ... I am in the state if preparing a report in my ... mind saving attachments, which works for me. ... Visual Studio 2008 and such and I will attempt to diagnose the ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)
  • Re: The Coin-Op Cauldron
    ... spent the past 3 days helping me diagnose and fix my many other issues ...
    (rec.games.pinball)