Re: SSH through Firewall

gaur_ms_at_yahoo.co.in
Date: 10/08/05

Date: 8 Oct 2005 02:55:08 -0700

Robert wrote:
> > Eth0 (external IP)----Firewall----Internal Network LAN(internal IPs)
We are using IPTABLES firewall on Redhat Linux.
-karmath

> > We have started firewall and blocked ssh initially. Now we need to open
> > ssh port in the firewall. From within the Internal I can SSH firewall
> > and be able login but even after opening the port 22 and starting sshd
> > service at Firewall I am unable to get into the system from the outside
> > Internet. Any pointers shall be welcome.
> > Many thanks
> > Karmath
>

> ssh xx.yy.zz.aa 255.255.255.255 outside
> ssh 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 outside
> ssh 192.168.1.0 255.255.255.0 inside
> ssh timeout 5
>
> xx.yy.zz.aa (external IP)
> 192.168.1.0 (your internal network)
>
> do not forget add some user and set password
>
> Robert

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Eingehende Netzverbindung zu anderem Rechner tunneln
    ... Wozu dabei eine Firewall? ... Der Rechner soll zum Internet hin nur ... Dienste fuer das gesamte Internet angeboten werden sollen, ... Vergiss FTP, Das Protokoll ist nur schwer ueber z.B. ssh zu tunneln, ...
    (de.comp.os.unix.linux.misc)
  • packet loss to firewall while Internet link is down
    ... When the Internet link goes down, ssh refuses ... to allow connection from within the LAN to our BSD ... When the Internet is down, the CPU load factor on the ... FreeBSD firewall is low, but the number of TCP packets ...
    (freebsd-questions)
  • iptables leaves 80/tcp `open ...why?
    ... a linux firewall protects the DMZ & internal lan from the Internet. ... I only wish 22/tcp (SSH) to be allowed into the firewall itself, ... iptables -N bad-if ...
    (comp.os.linux.security)
  • Re: [fw-wiz] Is NAT in OpenBSD PF UPnP enabled or Non UPnP?
    ... >> I start by not giving logins and SSH access to users I don't trust. ... a network topology which goes around the ... >> firewall and thus is a serious hole to network security. ... >> have access via UPnP to, well, anything that device might happen to ...
    (Firewall-Wizards)
  • Re: OpenSSH through a Firewall
    ... >> I have an ssh through a firewall problem which I think should be easy to ... >> so the basic recap is I have a client on the internet which connects to ... What I did is setup the internal machine to use ...
    (comp.security.ssh)