Re: BGP Security

From: Volker Birk (bumens_at_dingens.org)
Date: 10/04/05

Date: 4 Oct 2005 12:46:17 +0200

Protocols <kaustubh.atrawalkar@gmail.com> wrote:
> I am final year student of Computer Science engineering from INDIA. I
> am trying to secure the BGP protocols by developing the Scrubber for
> BGPv4. This will remove the ambiguities in the BGP packets by sniffing
> them and using some algorithm. THis will also try to stop the Attacks
> on BGP.
> I would like to know your views on this. Also i am keen to get any
> suggestions or new information abt this topic.

I'm just wondering, why not using well known authentication technics
with BGP like a digital signature. But of course, I'm not very familiar
with WAN routing details, so maybe someone could offer an explanation,
why this is not standard already for a long time.

Yours,
VB.

--
MAC-Filtering bringt so viel Schutz vor "Hackern" wie Zeitungspapier vor
einer Atombome. (MAC filtering is protecting against "hackers" like newsprint

Relevant Pages

  • BGP Security
    ... am trying to secure the BGP protocols by developing the Scrubber for ... BGPv4. ... This will remove the ambiguities in the BGP packets by sniffing ...
    (comp.security.misc)
  • BGP Security
    ... am trying to secure the BGP protocols by developing the Scrubber for ... BGPv4. ... This will remove the ambiguities in the BGP packets by sniffing ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)