Re: ZA Free and Generic Host Processor

From: Volker Birk (bumens_at_dingens.org)
Date: 09/30/05

Date: 30 Sep 2005 08:27:51 +0200

Wilf <wilf.wilf@wilf21.com> wrote:
> A couple of times lately, ZA Free has popped up to tell me that Generic
> host Processor "wants to act as a server". I have disallowed this -
> should I have accepted? Why would svchost want to act as a server? I
> presume this means someone or something out there is trying to connect
> to my PC?

Why are you running a "Personal Firewall" program, which asks you such
cluttering questions, and not just using the Windows-Firewall?

This question is one of the best examples, that the concept is b0rken
to ask the user what to do. The question you're mentioning here,
_cannot_ be answered correctly, BTW.

Yours,
VB.

--
MAC-Filtering bringt so viel Schutz vor "Hackern" wie Zeitungspapier vor
einer Atombome. (MAC filtering is protecting against "hackers" like newsprint

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Case Security Question
    ... What's up with pr0n? ... MAC-Filtering bringt so viel Schutz vor "Hackern" wie Zeitungspapier vor ... (MAC filtering is protecting against "hackers" like newsprint ...
    (comp.security.misc)
  • Re: Norton Internet Security 2005
    ... MAC-Filtering bringt so viel Schutz vor "Hackern" wie Zeitungspapier vor ... (MAC filtering is protecting against "hackers" like newsprint ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)
  • Re: ANYONE HELP WITH SHIELDS UP PROBLEM?
    ... But you don't need "Stealthing". ... MAC-Filtering bringt so viel Schutz vor "Hackern" wie Zeitungspapier vor ... (MAC filtering is protecting against "hackers" like newsprint ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)
  • Re: Why do I need a software firewall?