ZA Free and Generic Host Processor

From: Wilf (wilf.wilf_at_wilf21.com)
Date: 09/29/05

Date: Thu, 29 Sep 2005 15:00:54 +0000 (UTC)

A couple of times lately, ZA Free has popped up to tell me that Generic
host Processor "wants to act as a server". I have disallowed this -
should I have accepted? Why would svchost want to act as a server? I
presume this means someone or something out there is trying to connect
to my PC?

--
Wilf

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Generic Host Process for Win32
    ... "Generic Host Process for Win32 Services is trying to act as a ... server", and sometimes it wants to accept connections from the ... I don't think it should be wanting to act ... Since it only happens durng the boot process, ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics)
  • Re: User-Specific Settings
    ... MCSE, CCEA, Microsoft MVP - Terminal Server ... >> a clear statement from the vendor that running ACT! ... >> changes in settings are not preserved. ... >> Vera Noest ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.termserv.apps)
  • Re: TalkTalk Broadband Problem
    ... the RiscPC podule slots anyway. ... The modem has five lights, left to right: Power, Link & ACT (these are ... Slot 1 UniPod 100baseT is ticked ... Primary name server: 192.168.1.1 ...
    (comp.sys.acorn.networking)
  • Re: RDP Sessions not "disconnecting"
    ... and insists remotely loggin on to server verses ... his Desktop to hit these 3rd party apps (ACT, Quickbooks, etc.) when he's on ... RDP connection WITHOUT logging off. ... session there, or at least "disconnected" which i'm thinking uses up one of ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: Act 2009 on SBS2003 r2 Premium with Sql
    ... We upgraded from Act 7 to Act 10 this summer. ... We chose to put Act on another server other than our SBS 2003 server because Exchange likes to grab unused RAM and we felt this would impact Act. ... Microsoft Exchange Server 2003 sp2 ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)