Re: Router, firewall, both, confusion...

From: Volker Birk (bumens_at_dingens.org)
Date: 09/24/05

Date: 24 Sep 2005 17:04:45 +0200

Frank <Frank@spam2trash.com> wrote:
> Just keep in mind that a network firewall IS a router

Not every firewall is a router.

Yours,
VB.

deutschen Schlafzimmern passiert".
                                    Harald Schmidt zum "Weltjugendtag"

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Sky broadband mid package problems
    ... surfing but bear in mind I'm not on a password protected site just ... router IP addresses... ... For peace of mind I ran the usal scanners like spybot etc but no nothing odd ... will not let you carry on surfing and will keep popping up if you keep ...
    (uk.telecom.broadband)
  • Re: TCP/IP over Cisco router CIP (also DHCP, Flex-ES, Hercules)
    ... Maybe what you had in mind initially is that, in an ideal scenario, John ... change the address on the mainframe and in the name server. ... The router interface address is 192.168.1.1, ...
    (bit.listserv.ibm-main)
  • Re: How did they do this?
    ... it told me my location is United Kingdom and that's ... mind you I'm behind a router so that was the public ip. ...
    (alt.comp.anti-virus)
  • Re: Router recommendation needed
    ... Got a budget in mind? ... I've got my server on an UPS, but not the router. ... "reset" to settings I haven't used in almost 6 months when we had another ... Platte River Whooping Crane Maintenance Trust, ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: I found out how not to do it...
    ... but I had a round bottom in my mind. ... >> very eager to grab the wood and throw it. ... Slowing the router way ...
    (alt.home.repair)