Re: ZA 6 and Google Desktop

From: Samson (nospam_at_nospam.com)
Date: 09/21/05

Date: Wed, 21 Sep 2005 13:14:22 GMT

Yes, I think I will hold off on going to 6.
\samson

:

>If you haven't upgraded your ZA by now, you might re-think whether you want to as there seems to be major issues with the version 6 of the ZA (free) version. I have installed it and my PC now has major problems.
>
>In an attempt to find out what is happening I visited the Zone Labs forum
>at:
>

>Zone Labs Forum: http://forum.zonelabs.org/zonelabs/board?board.id=inst&page_of_message_id=39472
>
>Where I learnt that many people who similarly upgrade ZA to V6 are suffering
>big time.
>
>Thought I'd pass this on to save you some grief.
>
>Regards,
>
>Eric.
>
>"Samson" <nospam@nospam.com> wrote in message news:bud1j1hqa4bcuqf3njsienl0mkuidl3up7@4ax.com...
>> I got the alert message from ZA to update to Ver6 so I downloaded the
>> Ver 6 update -- free version. When I went to install it it said that
>> Google Desktop Search is running and to turn it off during install. I
>> don't know where to turn off Google Desktop.
>>
>> I'm using XPpro. I don't see any mention of Google Desktop Search in
>> the Applications tab of the task manager, nor do I see an entry in
>> the Processes tab.
>>
>> \Samson

Relevant Pages

  • Re: ZA 6 and Google Desktop
    ... Where I learnt that many people who similarly upgrade ZA to V6 are suffering ... > Google Desktop Search is running and to turn it off during install. ... > the Applications tab of the task manager, nor do I see an entry in ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)
  • ZA 6 and Google Desktop
    ... Google Desktop Search is running and to turn it off during install. ... the Applications tab of the task manager, nor do I see an entry in ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)
  • Re: Google Desktop Search does not work on client desktops in sbs
    ... with Google desktop prompting for a username and password everytime it was ... if i go into a webbrowser on my client and input this ... I understand that google desktop search ... not display local search results correct on SBS client machines. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: Free Google for Desktops!
    ... Did anyone read the EULA? ... Google Desktop Search may collect certain non-personally identifiable ... Search's privacy settings and/or available preferences, ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: Powerpoint graphics filters
    ... I am glad to see that you find out the cause of the error: Google Desktop ... We have recorded it into our internal database so that others could ... I have tried the Google Desktop Search ... Office 2003 Enterprise (SP2). ...
    (microsoft.public.office.developer.automation)