Re: How to prevent malware from running on your PC

From: Volker Birk (bumens_at_dingens.org)
Date: 09/21/05

Date: 21 Sep 2005 14:15:03 +0200

Jason Edwards <none1@invalid.invalid> wrote:
> I'd give it up if I were you. Unless you want to do it Steve Gibson style.
> Otherwise you won't get enough people following your message.

Oh, no problem. I'm not thinking, that I will make the world spin the
other way around or something ;-)

But of course, this does not keep me from saying what I'm thinking.

> Do it Gibson style then.

No, thank you. I will try to keep in this reality and not to tell
nonsense. Perhaps, discussions like this one help me with it...

> Get your followers to spread the word.

I don't want to do this, sorry. That also may have to do with the fact, I'm
not a prophet and I don't have followers ;-)

> > http://www.microsoft.com/technet/community/columns/secmgmt/sm0504.mspx
> > http://www.microsoft.com/athome/security/spyware/software/default.mspx
> I think Microsoft might put it something like this:
> Because Microsoft must respond to changing market conditions, you shouldn't
> expect anything we say to imply a commitment to do anything in any
> particular way.

;-)

> One of my friends bought a new mouse a few fays ago because the mouse
> pointer on the screen kept freezing. I only found out after he discovered
> that the new mouse did exactly the same thing.

Then the new mouse is b0rken, too. :-P

Yours,
VB.

deutschen Schlafzimmern passiert".