Re: Wall Watcher VICTORY

From: Duane Arnold (NotMe_at_NotMe.com)
Date: 09/21/05

Date: Wed, 21 Sep 2005 06:25:58 GMT

"louise" <nospam@nospam.com> wrote in message
news:MPG.1d96455d9c1fdda09896fb@news-server.nyc.rr.com...
> Thanks for everyone's help.
>
> I posted on the Sygate BB and was given a suggestion as to how to
> configure the advanced rule and it worked.
>
> Next question: I am surprised to see how quickly WW accumulates
> "in" events. What would happen to these if I didn't have a router?
>
> BTW, here is the advanced rule for Sygate in case anyone ever reads
> this post and wants it:
> you are going to have to make an advanced rule.. tools/advanced
> rules
>
> the rule needs to look like this:
>
> allow this traffic
> IP address 192.168.1.1
> UDP
> remote field leave blank
> local port add 162
> direction is incoming
> do not select an application under the applications tab

Well, it was that hard after all.

Duane :)

Relevant Pages

  • Wall Watcher VICTORY
    ... I posted on the Sygate BB and was given a suggestion as to how to ... here is the advanced rule for Sygate in case anyone ever reads ... local port add 162 ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)
  • Re: Sygate pro help
    ... > Hi KerplunKuK, welcome to Sygate. ... > port numberin the Remote Port field. ... > application unrestricted access to internet. ... > Advanced Rule: Select allow this traffic, all addresses, ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)
  • Re: Sygate and VPN
    ... > I have Sygate Personal Firewall 5.1 using normal mode. ... I cannot get through unless I set Sygate to Allow All. ... > in normal mode yet still use my VPN clients? ... but see if you can create an Advanced Rule to allow it. ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)
  • Re: The repair guy told me Sygate Firewall was spyware
    ... > He may be talking about Sygate Phoning home but it is not Spyware. ... You have the advanced rule ... restrictive on the applications, you assign remote port numbers ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)