ZA 6 and Google Desktop

From: Samson (nospam_at_nospam.com)
Date: 09/21/05

Date: Wed, 21 Sep 2005 01:36:57 GMT

I got the alert message from ZA to update to Ver6 so I downloaded the
Ver 6 update -- free version. When I went to install it it said that
Google Desktop Search is running and to turn it off during install. I
don't know where to turn off Google Desktop.

I'm using XPpro. I don't see any mention of Google Desktop Search in
the Applications tab of the task manager, nor do I see an entry in
the Processes tab.

\Samson

Relevant Pages

  • Re: ZA 6 and Google Desktop
    ... >In an attempt to find out what is happening I visited the Zone Labs forum ... >> Google Desktop Search is running and to turn it off during install. ... >> the Applications tab of the task manager, nor do I see an entry in ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)
  • Re: ZA 6 and Google Desktop
    ... Where I learnt that many people who similarly upgrade ZA to V6 are suffering ... > Google Desktop Search is running and to turn it off during install. ... > the Applications tab of the task manager, nor do I see an entry in ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)
  • Re: IE8 problem with Vista
    ... I allowed Windows Update to install IE8 ... I didn't want to remove Google Desktop, ... Windows Update is showing that IE8 was successfully ... Description of Internet Explorer Application and Web Site ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsupdate)
  • Re: IE8 problem with Vista
    ... I allowed Windows Update to install IE8 ... I didn't want to remove Google Desktop, ... Windows Update is showing that IE8 was successfully ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsupdate)
  • Re: Beagle chewing up CPU!
    ... but from what I have seen of google desktop ... linux, it kicks ass, is very easy to use, and does not dog the CPU. ... I tried to install Google Desktop yesterday on Suse, ... They have a nice rpm file for Suse and Fedora. ...
    (alt.os.linux)