Re: Firewall for XP PC with multiple users

From: Volker Birk (
Date: 09/20/05

Date: 20 Sep 2005 07:23:54 +0200 wrote:
> > But Sygate also is vulnerable to the SelfDoS attack,
> is that just when a comedian send some packets where src ip=your
> router. and the PFW thinks there's an attack from that ip and blocks
> packets from the router.

Yes, something like that. A second option would be the source IP of
the DNS server, for example. Or any other host, which is neccessary.

> 'cos that wouldn't happen often, and u could probably turn the PFW off
> or check the PFW's configuration and remove the router's ip from any
> attacker list. - leaving the windows firewall on.

Yes. This is exactly, what I recommended - turing the "Personal Firewall"
off and leaving the Windows-Firewall on ;-)

deutschen Schlafzimmern passiert".
                                    Harald Schmidt zum "Weltjugendtag"