Re: How to prevent malware from running on your PC

From: Volker Birk (bumens_at_dingens.org)
Date: 09/19/05

Date: 19 Sep 2005 12:05:24 +0200

optikl <optikl@invalid.net> wrote:
> > What I can't understand is why you think Windows SP2 firewall is enough
> > for anyone.
> Likely, because he believes that following pretty well established Safe
> Computing Practices (a/k/a SafeHex) mitigates the need for using a
> software firewall with application or communication control.

Yes. In fact, I think this is a much better idea then believing that
security can be bought in boxes.

Yours,
VB.

deutschen Schlafzimmern passiert".
                                    Harald Schmidt zum "Weltjugendtag"

Relevant Pages

  • Re: three solutions for one Linux box
    ... software firewall + hardware firewall integrated in an ADSL router ... Define "safe". ... there's no such thing as a "hardware firewall". ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)
  • Re: DSL question re security....
    ... Its safe to leave it on and connected. ... I have been using DSL for over 5 ... All you need is software firewall, ... > hacking since there will be no browser activity OR would that not afford ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: Router/Firewall trusted or not
    ... optikl wrote: ... > David Sanders wrote: ... >> Each pc has a software firewall as well. ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)
  • Re: Securing access from an *hotspot*?
    ... to my laptop? ... At home I am wired and safe. ... software firewall. ... even windows firewall will do the job. ...
    (alt.internet.wireless)
  • Re: Two software firewalls
    ... >add a second software firewall for the added security. ... >BLACKICE or ZONEALARM PRO. ... If anyone could tell me if its safe to run 2 ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)