Re: Zone Alarm Free blocks everything

From: Volker Birk (bumens_at_dingens.org)
Date: 09/16/05

Date: 16 Sep 2005 13:51:40 +0200

ABC <simonbray@nospamemail.afraid.org> wrote:
> > Just drop Zonealarm and use the Windows-Firewall. Then you'll not have
> > such problems.
> Then you get a trojan/virus/worm that sends out masses of data from your
> machine (eating up bandwith) as Windows Firewall does not block ANY outgoing
> traffic.

Also Zonealarm cannot do that - please read my postings here of the last
few days.

Yours,
VB.

deutschen Schlafzimmern passiert".
                                    Harald Schmidt zum "Weltjugendtag"

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Zone Alarm Free blocks everything
    ... >> your machine (eating up bandwith) as Windows Firewall does not block ... > Also Zonealarm cannot do that - please read my postings here of the ... What about less-sophisticated malware that does not attempt to bypass ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)
  • Re: My ICS connection - still from hell.
    ... HUMUNGOUS with WinXP Pro SP2 with adsl connection. ... Alternate DNS server is 10.1.1.1. ... I have Zonealarm running however the problem isn't ... I don't consider the Windows Firewall to be adequate ...
  • Re: My ICS connection - still from hell.
    ... HUMUNGOUS with WinXP Pro SP2 with adsl connection. ... I think that the free version of ZoneAlarm is incompatible with ICS. ... Enable the Windows Firewall on HUMUNGOUS before un-installing ...
  • Re: Avast or Zone Alarm using proxy server?
    ... I also run ZoneAlarm and Avast and have no such problem, ... I'm not sure why Gerald ... Windows firewall, problems that were stopped by switching to ZA and turning ... >> However I now see that the Use Proxy Server box is ticked and the IP ...
    (alt.computer.security)
  • Re: Avast or Zone Alarm using proxy server?
    ... I also run ZoneAlarm and Avast and have no such problem, ... I'm not sure why Gerald ... Windows firewall, problems that were stopped by switching to ZA and turning ... >> However I now see that the Use Proxy Server box is ticked and the IP ...
    (comp.security.misc)