Re: How to tell if a firewall alert is suspicious or not

From: Gerard Schroeder (Gshroeder22031_at_hotmail.com)
Date: 09/16/05

Date: Fri, 16 Sep 2005 04:22:01 GMT

On Thu, 15 Sep 2005 13:43:02 GMT, Duane Arnold wrote:

> If the user's machine was sitting behind a simple NAT router for the
> protection and not running the PFW solution on the machine, none of the
> ridiculous authorization questions the end-user is dealing with would be
> asked.

I have DSL going to a D-Link just like everyone else.

Is this D-Link wired and wireless transmitter the "NAT Router" you bespeak
of?

Relevant Pages

  • Re: How to tell if a firewall alert is suspicious or not
    ... On Thu, 15 Sep 2005 13:43:02 GMT, Duane Arnold wrote: ... > protection and not running the PFW solution on the machine, ... > ridiculous authorization questions the end-user is dealing with would be ...
    (microsoft.public.security)
  • Re: How to tell if a firewall alert is suspicious or not
    ... On Thu, 15 Sep 2005 13:43:02 GMT, Duane Arnold wrote: ... > protection and not running the PFW solution on the machine, ... > ridiculous authorization questions the end-user is dealing with would be ...
  • Re: Problem relaunching Sygate Pro in XP
    ... >Duane Arnold wrote: ... >> of the protection measures it is explaining. ... GUARANTEE saving my life in a crash, I'll not bother to wear one at ... unlikely to get a virus, and if I do, it can't GUARANTEE protection". ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)
  • Re: Problem relaunching Sygate Pro in XP
    ... >Duane Arnold wrote: ... >> of the protection measures it is explaining. ... GUARANTEE saving my life in a crash, I'll not bother to wear one at ... unlikely to get a virus, and if I do, it can't GUARANTEE protection". ...
    (alt.computer.security)