Re: Zonealarm new version

From: Sam (sam.sam_at_sam.samsam.com)
Date: 09/15/05

Date: Thu, 15 Sep 2005 18:57:04 +0000 (UTC)

Craig said ...

> "nospam" <nospam@nospam.demon.co.uk> wrote...
> > Hi,
> >
> > so what is the S.P. on the new version of ZA?
> >
> > Should I stick with 5.5.094 or move to the latest version.
> >
> > I have read that there are/were some minor 'glitches'
> >
> > any recommendations would be appreciated.
> >
> > Thanks
>
> I use ZA Pro on Windows XP Home and have no problems with 6.0.667.000.
> Note that for version 6, users and now even Zone Alarm recommend a "Clean
> Installation" rather than "Update" (or is it "Upgrade"?) when given the
> choice during installation. This will require ZA to relearn all its settings
> but this is pretty painless. The new SmartDefense Advisor, when set to
> Automatic, does a lot without requiring your intervention.
>
> Craig

Yes but the smartdefense advisor doesn't work for ZA Free, AFAIK and
you have to then train the firewall all over again for each and every
piece of software wanting access to the outside world. I just upgraded
to the latest free version (by updating) with no problems, by the way
(Win XP Home).

--
Sam