Re: Zonealarm new version

From: Sam (sam.sam_at_sam.samsam.com)
Date: 09/15/05

Date: Thu, 15 Sep 2005 18:57:04 +0000 (UTC)

Craig said ...

> "nospam" <nospam@nospam.demon.co.uk> wrote...
> > Hi,
> >
> > so what is the S.P. on the new version of ZA?
> >
> > Should I stick with 5.5.094 or move to the latest version.
> >
> > I have read that there are/were some minor 'glitches'
> >
> > any recommendations would be appreciated.
> >
> > Thanks
>
> I use ZA Pro on Windows XP Home and have no problems with 6.0.667.000.
> Note that for version 6, users and now even Zone Alarm recommend a "Clean
> Installation" rather than "Update" (or is it "Upgrade"?) when given the
> choice during installation. This will require ZA to relearn all its settings
> but this is pretty painless. The new SmartDefense Advisor, when set to
> Automatic, does a lot without requiring your intervention.
>
> Craig

Yes but the smartdefense advisor doesn't work for ZA Free, AFAIK and
you have to then train the firewall all over again for each and every
piece of software wanting access to the outside world. I just upgraded
to the latest free version (by updating) with no problems, by the way
(Win XP Home).

--
Sam

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Windows XP Pro lost password
    ... "Craig" wrote in message ... > I've forgotten my password to log into Windows XP Pro... ... Is there anyway I can recover or recover my ...
  • Re: Windows XP Pro lost password
    ... "Craig" wrote in message ... > I've forgotten my password to log into Windows XP Pro... ... Is there anyway I can recover or recover my ...
  • User Profiles missing
    ... I've got two users one with Windows 2000 Pro and the other with XP Pro, ... I had to reconnect printers and reconnect ... Craig ...
  • Re: <authentication mode="Windows" /> Question
    ... access permissions - all ACL checks will be against the account the asp.net ... This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. ... >Hi Craig ... >> information of the windows user. ...