Re: Zonealarm new version

From: Sam (sam.sam_at_sam.samsam.com)
Date: 09/15/05

Date: Thu, 15 Sep 2005 18:55:04 +0000 (UTC)

Volker Birk said ...
> Beermachine <frank66@luukkku.com> wrote:
> > > Forget Zonealarm. You don't need it. Just use the Windows-Firewall.
> > Why use Windows Firewall ? It only blocks incoming traffic.
>
> Yes. And Zonealarm is blocking only the part of the outgoing traffic
> of regular software programs, which let Zonealarm this control.
>
> Any outgoing traffic of serious malware, Zonealarm cannot block. So this
> is useless.
>
> This is, why the Windows-Firewall is enough.
>
> Yours,
> VB.

Volker, do you get a fee every time you insist no firewall other than
Windows Firewall is necessary? ;-)

--
Sam

Relevant Pages

  • Re: My ICS connection - still from hell.
    ... HUMUNGOUS with WinXP Pro SP2 with adsl connection. ... Alternate DNS server is 10.1.1.1. ... I have Zonealarm running however the problem isn't ... I don't consider the Windows Firewall to be adequate ...
  • Re: My ICS connection - still from hell.
    ... HUMUNGOUS with WinXP Pro SP2 with adsl connection. ... I think that the free version of ZoneAlarm is incompatible with ICS. ... Enable the Windows Firewall on HUMUNGOUS before un-installing ...
  • Re: Avast or Zone Alarm using proxy server?
    ... I also run ZoneAlarm and Avast and have no such problem, ... I'm not sure why Gerald ... Windows firewall, problems that were stopped by switching to ZA and turning ... >> However I now see that the Use Proxy Server box is ticked and the IP ...
    (alt.computer.security)
  • Re: Avast or Zone Alarm using proxy server?
    ... I also run ZoneAlarm and Avast and have no such problem, ... I'm not sure why Gerald ... Windows firewall, problems that were stopped by switching to ZA and turning ... >> However I now see that the Use Proxy Server box is ticked and the IP ...
    (comp.security.misc)
  • Re: Avast or Zone Alarm using proxy server?
    ... I also run ZoneAlarm and Avast and have no such problem, ... I'm not sure why Gerald ... Windows firewall, problems that were stopped by switching to ZA and turning ... >> However I now see that the Use Proxy Server box is ticked and the IP ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)