Re: Which (free) firewall runs as service

From: Volker Birk (
Date: 09/14/05

Date: 14 Sep 2005 11:29:50 +0200

Duane Arnold <> wrote:
> I would think any personal FW that runs on the NT based O/S such as XP will
> be running as a service with the exe being ran as the graphical User
> interface.

Unfortunately you're not right.

BTW: the filtering software has to be a kernel module, if it should work
correctly, not only a service.

deutschen Schlafzimmern passiert".
                                    Harald Schmidt zum "Weltjugendtag"

Relevant Pages

  • Re: ZoneAlarm vs. Windows XP firewall
    ... Duane Arnold wrote: ... > What does Linux and IPTables have to do with what's running on the XP O/S? ...
  • Re: New XP user seeks Firewall advice
    ... on 11/5/2005 11:42 AM Duane Arnold said the following: ... > than the other offerings. ... > the O/S that can stop inbound or outbound traffic by port, ... Where can I read up on IPSec?? ...
  • Re: IP Blocking on Windows
    ... Duane Arnold wrote: ... > I really don't know what you're after as far as some Win32 API that can be ... There is a packet filtering solution on the Win 2k O/S ... Viking proxy server may be of use. ...