Re: zonealarm problem new!!

From: charlie R (welpctSKIPME_at_psci.net)
Date: 09/09/05

Date: Fri, 9 Sep 2005 15:43:31 -0500

"DNA" <original_dnaNOSPAM@XYZyahoo.com> wrote in message
news:FriUe.17644$fb.8372@fe1.news.blueyonder.co.uk...

> "charlie R" <welpctSKIPME@psci.net> wrote in message
> > re-boot
> > > worked, thanks alot!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
> > >

> > Glad it worked! Some other running program must be conflicting
with
> > it at shutdown. Does ZAP have several .temp files in the Internet
> > Logs folder on your C Drive? Those are created every time ZAP has
> > glitch. You can delete them, also the .txt logs unless you want
> > keep them. I also delete the tvdebug.log when it gets too large.
ZAP
> > creates that file to send to ZoneLabs if tech support requests it
when
> > trying to solve a problem. I don't figure that's likely to
happen. I
> > fix it myself. The rest of the files are necessary. Do the
cleanup
> > after you shut down ZAP. I've found that ZAP has less problems if
> > keep that folder light as possible. Thanks for posting back.
> >
> > charlie R
> >

> I have a file called "ZLT02015.TMP" in my "C:\WINNT\Temp", whenever
I try to
> delete it, I get a message that it is in use.
>
> Dee.

Those ZL files are put there by ZAP. If they're not deleted on
reboot, you can delete them after shutting down ZAP. Windows won't
let you delete a file while the App is running.

charlie R

Relevant Pages

  • Re: ZoneAlarm question, please help
    ... Mike S here could you tell me if you think ZAP is worth upgrading to I have ... I turned on the ZA Pro Desk Band and on the task bar, ... > You may want to try and flush the C:\Windows\Internet Logs folder out. ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)
  • Re: zonealarm problem new!!
    ... it at shutdown. ... Does ZAP have several .temp files in the Internet ... Logs folder on your C Drive? ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)
  • Re: zonealarm problem new!!
    ... Some other running program must be conflicting with ... > it at shutdown. ... Does ZAP have several .temp files in the Internet ... > Logs folder on your C Drive? ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)
  • Re: zonealarm problem new!!
    ... >> Dee. ... > Those ZL files are put there by ZAP. ... > charlie R ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)