Re: Free software firewalls I have never heard of before

From: nemo_outis (abc_at_xyz.com)
Date: 09/08/05

Date: 08 Sep 2005 02:33:51 GMT

Jim Scott <mr.jimscott@Xvirgin.net> wrote in news:3fh249zylmt$.dlg@ID-
104726.news.individual.net:

> On 07 Sep 2005 14:06:23 GMT, nemo_outis wrote:
>> I don't know about the others but Look n Stop (the full version)
>> regularly takes turns with Outpost as the number 1 firewall in
>> independent reviews. (Look n Stop isn't very well known, though.)
>>
>> See, for instance:
>>
>> www.firewallleaktester.com (that's 3 L's in a row!)

> Look n Stop is not freeware.

You're undoubtedly correct - I tend to gloss over such distinctions; the
concept of paying for software does not loom large in my mind :-)

Regards,

Relevant Pages

  • Re: [Full-Disclosure] Just a thought (from an autoreply to another thread)
    ... you thought of a couple things that never even crossed my mind. ... Regards, ... if he's usually the firewall issue person, it's likely that whoever is ...
    (Full-Disclosure)
  • Re: Free software firewalls I have never heard of before
    ... >> regularly takes turns with Outpost as the number 1 firewall in ... concept of paying for software does not loom large in my mind :-) ... Regards, ...
    (alt.computer.security)
  • OutPost news release
    ... I thought I'd post this news release for OutPost firewall. ... Agnitum has released Outpost Firewall, a free, powerful personal firewall ... users who want to fine-tune their firewall protection. ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)
  • Re: Recurrent question
    ... First it's a virus then it's a trojan:) The AVG database said: ... This works with any browser. ... > So AVG caught it twice and Outpost caught it twice. ... > allowed through the firewall, rather than an actual firewall exploit. ...