Re: PIX VPN: can't see the whole network

From: Jon Doe (jdoe_at_comcast.net)
Date: 09/06/05

Date: Mon, 5 Sep 2005 19:18:27 -0500

"Martin Bilgrav" <bilgravCUTTHISOUT@image.dk> wrote in message
news:Xb4Te.66830$Fe7.224543@news000.worldonline.dk...
> Are you absolutly certain, that this is not a simple route issue ?
>
> meaning that the 10nw knows the route back to the Cisco VPN Clients ...
> (try from a server to ping the clients)
> and that you do not have any personal firewall services installed on
> servers/clients

That's really what I'm trying to figure out. Also, as I mentioned before,
this is not a case in which the VPN clients can't get *anywhere* on the
network. For instance, when I connect from home to VPN, I'm able to get to
most (I'll give a rough estimate of 85%) of whatever I need to get access
to. By the way, we're very heavy into VLANs here... in case that might have
anything to do with it.

So, it's only a few VLANs here and there that I cannot get access to. The
main reason I got word of this problem was that while connected to this new
VPN, we can no longer get access to a few of our routers or switches... so
we can't administer them while at home (which we really need to be able to
do).

I should also mention here that the whole reason for the cisco vpn is that
we're trying to get rid of the microsoft pptp vpn currently in place. When
connected to the microsoft vpn, I have access to *everything*.

Relevant Pages

  • RE: VPN Clients Not Registering in AD DNS
    ... via VPN, the DNS records of the VPN clients are unable to be registered. ... Windows 2003 server? ... please let me know whether the clients get the IP ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • RE: SBS VPN connects but no shares..
    ... VPN clients can no longer access internal resources after you install ... Windows Server 2003 Service Pack 1 on a computer that is running ISA Server ... How to configure a VPN connection to your corporate network in Windows XP ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • RE: VPN issue
    ... I understand that you cannot initialize the VPN ... Could you please let me know if this is a Premium SBS server box with ISA ... To support the PPTP VPN clients behind the ISA server, ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: SBS VPN Strengthening
    ... to my other clients, so a software only configuation would be preferred. ... Have SBS 2003 along with Server 2003 at various sites, ... each location and they would establish the VPN between those offices. ... connect to remote offices you could use a hub and spoke method VPN or use ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • RE: Cant remote desktop to clients connected via VPN
    ... that the VPN connection works well. ... that RDP does not work to clients connected via VPN (to all other clients it ... > the SBS 2003, but from your IP configuration, I found your DNS server is ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)