Re: Best Firewall

From: Walter Roberson (
Date: 09/01/05

Date: Thu, 1 Sep 2005 14:33:11 +0000 (UTC)

In article <>,
hplayer03 <> wrote:
:Just wondering what was the best Free or Purchased Firewall?? ie.
:ZoneAlarm, Norton, Sygate...

The archives of the discussion here of 2 weeks ago can be found at

In particular, quoting from my answer of the time:

  We'll need to know your set of metrics (measurement functions that assign
  specific numeric values), and the weighting function used to
  project from the measurement list into a final score. The decision
  of which is the "best" is dependant on what you mean by "best".

   demanding empirical evidence."            -- Ann Landers