Re: Best Firewall

From: Walter Roberson (roberson_at_ibd.nrc-cnrc.gc.ca)
Date: 09/01/05

Date: Thu, 1 Sep 2005 14:33:11 +0000 (UTC)

In article <1125582451.330193.249720@g47g2000cwa.googlegroups.com>,
hplayer03 <rosnermd@gmail.com> wrote:
:Just wondering what was the best Free or Purchased Firewall?? ie.
:ZoneAlarm, Norton, Sygate...

The archives of the discussion here of 2 weeks ago can be found at
http://groups.google.ca/group/comp.security.firewalls/browse_thread/thread/3cb458fc2a080a29/95268c01857e1e89

In particular, quoting from my answer of the time:

  We'll need to know your set of metrics (measurement functions that assign
  specific numeric values), and the weighting function used to
  project from the measurement list into a final score. The decision
  of which is the "best" is dependant on what you mean by "best".

   demanding empirical evidence."            -- Ann Landers