Re: NAT is not a mechanism for securing a network.. but.. HELP!

From: Duane Arnold (notme_at_notme.com)
Date: 08/25/05

Date: Thu, 25 Aug 2005 17:09:14 GMT

> And just when did I say that I was "unaware of the business
> needs"? Within the division of AT&T that I worked for (AT&T
> Alascom, which AT&T acquired in 1995) it was simply impossible
> to file a weekly time sheet without access to the Internet. Is
> that "business need" enough for you? And that is merely the
> starting point on a list of requirements that most employees
> need Internet access for!

I never heard of any time accounting application that was WEB based that
was used over the Internet. Companies generally have such Web based
applications/solutions as a secured Intranet application NOT an Internet
application, which are behind the company's FW. So of course, company
employees are going to have access through a browser to such an application
as a company Intranet business solution. If the company had that setup any
other way, that was a very questionable setup to say the least about it.
And if some employee needed to access that Web based solution outside of
the company's Intranet domain over the Internet, they would need or be
given a VPN solution and allowed access to the WEB based company Intranet
business solution.

Duane :)

Relevant Pages

  • ebooks share lits 80
    ... Handbook of Global Social Policy Public Administration and Public ... What Every Business Leader Should Know ... States in the Global Economy: ... Electronic commerce, XML, Internet ...
    (sci.med.nutrition)
  • Re: why have a server?...advice needed
    ... I don't need to know EXACT SPECIFIC DETAILS, but I'm being forced to generalize because I know nothing of what the business will do, other than it will have 20-30 users and many with laptops. ... If your web site were BUSY, THEN you want it hosted on a reliable system in a data center somewhere where they have emergency generators and multiple connections to the internet in case one fails. ... SBS will allow you to redirect everyone's My Documents and Desktop folders to a folder on the server. ... why not use an online backup tool for each computer. ...
  • thank you for reading my email
    ... GalaxyOfWealth.com's Home Business Report ... Why the Internet is a home business dream IF you follow 3 key steps ... talk on what it takes to profit online, ... than a 'contact us' link for customer service. ...
    (rec.food.cooking)
  • Annoying Redirect
    ... build a website, business directory, business finder, ... business ideas, business listing, business listings, ... domains, core name, corporate domain, corporate website, ... id names, international domain, internet address, internet ...
  • Re: PARADOX product life cycle
    ... >conduct business, could not conduct business ... However those doctors would have the peace of mind knowing their records were safe and intact and once they could conduct business again all their records were ready and waiting. ... >If the WAN or Internet is not available, ... If a particular Var seems to violate this list of requirements often, then you drop them as a Var. ...
    (comp.databases.paradox)