Re: Zonealarm Problem

From: jcgc50 (jcgc50_at_cox.net)
Date: 08/25/05

Date: Wed, 24 Aug 2005 22:09:37 -0500

Appreciate it. Tried it and works fine. Now, if I could stop that other
folder from opening I would be back to what passed for normal.

"Wattsville Blues" <nothing@nothing.net> wrote in message
> jcgc50 wrote:
>> I just upgraded ZA to 5.5 from 5.1. Settings are the same and preferences
>> are set to load on startup.
>>
>> Only problem is it doesn't load on startup. You have to open the program
>> and it works fine from there.
>>
>> I have checked startup at msconfig and it is checked off there.
>>
>> What is curious though is that I have a file folder entitled Zone.com
>> which has shortcuts to a list of games from Zone.com. Needless to say not
>> related to Zone Alarm. Since upgrading that folder opens automatically
>> everytime I restart the computer. Can't figure out how to stop that and
>> wonder if they are related.
>>
>> Any ideas?
>
> Try sticking a shortcut to ZoneAlarm into the Startup folder. Sounds a
> bit simple but it sometimes works for weird problems like the one you
> have.
>
> --
> Wattsville Blues
>
> Gimme some sugar, baby!

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Macros Disabled
    ... Updating Word from Microsoft's website will not put Add-Ins in your startup ... See also the MVP FAQ: http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/ which is awesome! ... it out of the Startup folder? ... If you don't want any macros to run, ever, and you don't want to be ...
    (microsoft.public.word.newusers)
  • Re: What is going wrong here?
    ... Are you trying to get the setting of the Startup Path or change it? ... ' This is needed because if the folder is a network drive rather ... Make it your job finisher template or another ...
    (microsoft.public.word.vba.general)
  • Re: Question on downloading posts
    ... I've had to load it manually after starting up so far ... on startup automatically in Windows 7. ... doesn't seem to be a "startup" folder anywhere in Win 7, ... and ask them where to put a link to CapsUnlock so that it ...
    (soc.retirement)
  • Re: Document Recovery Error Loop - Word just wont start
    ... If Word starts ok in Safe Mode, then the problem is not with Word but something third party breaking Word. ... > I removed the normal.dot file and checked the Word and Office Startup ... There is nothing in the Word Startup folder and there is no ...
  • Re: Like a bad penny
    ... Templates and AddIns but removing them from Word's sight via the File ... The first is your personal Startup ... That will give you an Explorer-type Window ... click on the "Create new folder" icon at the top (towards ...
    (microsoft.public.word.vba.general)