Re: Zonealarm Problem

From: Wattsville Blues (nothing_at_nothing.net)
Date: 08/24/05

Date: Wed, 24 Aug 2005 12:52:23 +0000 (UTC)

jcgc50 wrote:
> I just upgraded ZA to 5.5 from 5.1. Settings are the same and preferences
> are set to load on startup.
>
> Only problem is it doesn't load on startup. You have to open the program and
> it works fine from there.
>
> I have checked startup at msconfig and it is checked off there.
>
> What is curious though is that I have a file folder entitled Zone.com which
> has shortcuts to a list of games from Zone.com. Needless to say not related
> to Zone Alarm. Since upgrading that folder opens automatically everytime I
> restart the computer. Can't figure out how to stop that and wonder if they
> are related.
>
> Any ideas?

Try sticking a shortcut to ZoneAlarm into the Startup folder. Sounds a
bit simple but it sometimes works for weird problems like the one you have.

--
Wattsville Blues
Gimme some sugar, baby!

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Question on downloading posts
    ... I've had to load it manually after starting up so far ... on startup automatically in Windows 7. ... doesn't seem to be a "startup" folder anywhere in Win 7, ... and ask them where to put a link to CapsUnlock so that it ...
    (soc.retirement)
[...]
  • Re: Folder Appears On Startup
    ... regards to Folder Keeps Appearing on Startup. ... causes the System32 folder to open at startup. ... System32 Folder Opens When Logging on to Windows XP ... Sid hunted and pecked: ...