Re: Memory problems?

From: Shadowman (Shadowman_at_go.away)
Date: 08/18/05

Date: Thu, 18 Aug 2005 02:16:44 -0400

Jon D wrote:
> I had a time recently when I had the following error message from
> time to time.
>
> ------------ START ----------------
> smc.exe - Application Error
>
> The instruction at "0x77121767" referenced memory at "0x0014fffc".
> The memory could not be "read".
>
> Click on OK to terminate the program
> ----------- END -----------------
>
> Does this indicate that I might have a problem with the RAM memory on
> my mobo?

Probably not--do a search on the sygate forums; there are others who
have encountered the same problem. I've seen that error occur in some
other applications as well, and it usually ends up being some kind of
software bug or conflict, not a hardware problem.

Check this thread out, for example:
http://forums.sygate.com/vb/showthread.php?s=1f860db86e0ae172dc1c92a20b9fa52c&threadid=10823

Unfortunately, that specific link doesn't seem to provide a definite
solution, just a few possibilities.

Relevant Pages

  • Re: What micros do you actually hate to work with?
    ... I have hear the Microchip compiler is not the tightest, ... The PIC16 reports in Words, the PIC18 in bytes, but that still puts you at 3 times bigger. ... I find that the type of code where the choice of assembly or C makes the most difference is for small but complete applications. ... Had Jon said he went from 20k assembly to 120k C, I'd be a lot more sceptical. ...
    (comp.arch.embedded)
  • Changing drive letters
    ... I hit Continue, the message pops up again, hit Continue, do this 4-5 times, and the computer boots and operates. ... I suspect the boot routine is looking for something on drive C, does not find it because the drive with all the applications is now drive I; system gives an error message, I tell it to continue, and it does. ... How do I change the drive designation from I to C ??? ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics)
  • Changing drive letters
    ... installed all other applications from their ... When the computer boots, I get an error message: ... How do I change the drive designation from I to C ??? ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • RE: Entry point RtlHashUnicodestring could not be located in the n
    ... Just tried it out and the error message is no longer appeared. ... Now it is just a matter of discovering the application which did install it ... two .Net-built applications on multiple Windows 2000 machines. ... should rename. ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.general)
  • Re: Re-installing a Win98 program? (XP Home 2002 SP2)
    ... Daave wrote: ... produced the error message "Windows - No Disk. ... The list of re-installable applications came up. ... And what are your Virtual Memory settings? ...