Re: Memory problems?

From: Shadowman (Shadowman_at_go.away)
Date: 08/18/05

Date: Thu, 18 Aug 2005 02:16:44 -0400

Jon D wrote:
> I had a time recently when I had the following error message from
> time to time.
>
> ------------ START ----------------
> smc.exe - Application Error
>
> The instruction at "0x77121767" referenced memory at "0x0014fffc".
> The memory could not be "read".
>
> Click on OK to terminate the program
> ----------- END -----------------
>
> Does this indicate that I might have a problem with the RAM memory on
> my mobo?

Probably not--do a search on the sygate forums; there are others who
have encountered the same problem. I've seen that error occur in some
other applications as well, and it usually ends up being some kind of
software bug or conflict, not a hardware problem.

Check this thread out, for example:
http://forums.sygate.com/vb/showthread.php?s=1f860db86e0ae172dc1c92a20b9fa52c&threadid=10823

Unfortunately, that specific link doesn't seem to provide a definite
solution, just a few possibilities.