Memory problems?

From: Jon D (
Date: 08/18/05

Date: Thu, 18 Aug 2005 01:40:53 +0100

I had a time recently when I had the following error message from
time to time.

------------ START ----------------
smc.exe - Application Error

The instruction at "0x77121767" referenced memory at "0x0014fffc".
The memory could not be "read".

Click on OK to terminate the program
----------- END -----------------

Does this indicate that I might have a problem with the RAM memory on
my mobo?

(PS: SMC.exe is one of the executables for Sygate Personal

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Software will not run with more than 512MB RAM installed
    ... > The following error message appears every time I attempt to open a ... > Windows ME, Windows XP ... > Total Physical Memory 1,024.00 MB ... > with 64MB RAM, no error. ...
  • Re: Blue Screen of Death HELP
    ... I have now disabled automatic restart and await the next recurrence. ... The memory stick DDR2 was replaced when the problem arose but it was a 'pre-owned' stick which functioned after install and well before the problem. ... the My Computer icon on the Desktop and select Properties, Advanced, ... Same question applies to the other error message. ...
    ... In Device Manager the Network Card appears under Network Adapter. ... Don't forget the problem could be hardware not software. ... Background information on Stop Error message ... Requested data was not in memory. ...
  • Re: cant stop xp pro reboot loop
    ... You receive a "Stop 0x0000000A" error message in Windows XP ... Requested data was not in memory. ... How many sticks of RAM memory does the computer have? ... Disable automatic restart on system failure. ...
    ... Background information on Stop Error message ... Requested data was not in memory. ... and the Virtual Memory settings are other than the original ...