Norton Internet Security 2003 problem
Date: 08/11/05

Date: 11 Aug 2005 10:39:51 -0700

(On Win2k Sp4)

I noticed that in the NIS 2003 options>liveupdate, liveupdate for
Intrusion detection is turned off. I tried to turn the checkmark on but
after closing and re-opening the options screen it remains unselected.
All the other options are OK.

I tried the article
"Failed to save settings. Please verify that your Windows account is
not restricted." when turning on Intrusion Detection

on Symantec support but it didn't solve the problem.

I also have Norton antivirus 2003 and the subscription for both is
still valid.

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Norton Internet Security 2003 problem
    ... If you're talking about the option in automatic liveupdate to monitor ... for new updates to intrusion detection I have exactly the same problem ... with NIS 2004. ...
  • Re: Norton Intrusion Detection
    ... I just ran LiveUpdate again, ... there are new intrusion detection and ad signatures. ... After updating I ...