Norton Internet Security 2003 problem

developmental2_at_walla.com
Date: 08/11/05

Date: 11 Aug 2005 10:39:51 -0700

Hi,

(On Win2k Sp4)

I noticed that in the NIS 2003 options>liveupdate, liveupdate for
Intrusion detection is turned off. I tried to turn the checkmark on but
after closing and re-opening the options screen it remains unselected.
All the other options are OK.

I tried the article
"Failed to save settings. Please verify that your Windows account is
not restricted." when turning on Intrusion Detection

http://service1.symantec.com/SUPPORT/nip.nsf/a1171f66440d932988256fb00082d2d6/db8edb6d356549a288256e7e005994a8?OpenDocument&src=bar_sch_nam

on Symantec support but it didn't solve the problem.

I also have Norton antivirus 2003 and the subscription for both is
still valid.

thanks

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Norton Internet Security 2003 problem
    ... If you're talking about the option in automatic liveupdate to monitor ... for new updates to intrusion detection I have exactly the same problem ... with NIS 2004. ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)
  • Re: Norton Intrusion Detection
    ... I just ran LiveUpdate again, ... there are new intrusion detection and ad signatures. ... After updating I ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)