Re: Zonealarm Pro with Norton Antivirus

From: Wattsville Blues (nothing_at_nothing.net)
Date: 07/22/05

Date: Fri, 22 Jul 2005 09:34:53 +0000 (UTC)

Kerodo wrote:
> The new ZA 6 Suite uses upwards of 50 mb ram. ZA Pro used to use 13-
> 17mb in 5.5 and prior versions. 50 is insane. Some people have plenty
> of ram and don't care, but why use a product that is so wasteful of
> resources? Not good sense. I can name several good software firewalls
> that do as good or better job and only use 3-5mb ram.

What firewall would you recommend other thn ZA Pro? I use version 5.5
at the moment and it's fine.

--
Wattsville Blues
http://wattsvilleblues.blogspot.com/

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Extender Resource Monitor reports "System Resources Low"
    ... bringing the total RAM to 3GB. ... giving a red light for "low resources". ... And when I would try to connect my Linksys, ... I made the reasonable assumption that Update Rollup 2 ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.mediacenter)
  • Re: USEREVN ID 1500 and 1508
    ... Alice Kupcik ... The error is the "insufficient resources" error. ... > Server has 8GB RAM ...
  • Re: How to turn your microwave into a nuclear weapon
    ... You know I have 1 gig, of ram. ... And they get you, by running your program, out of memory. ... And they don't just say 'You are out of resources' and terminate the ... dynamic stack allocation for its own internal memory resources. ...
    (sci.physics)
  • Re: cleanmgr.exe takes 92% of CPU time
    ... ram. ... You could be running out of or nearly out of hard drive space and useing an immense pagefile, in which case you are likely maxing out your resources. ... Often you'll find excellent advice on a newsgroup. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: Vista
    ... I don't know what you mean by "resources," I don't ... slow downs is a result of insufficient RAM resulting in Processes ... So in this instance I would say I prefer an operating system ... or limit how many extras exist to use up CPU time (more CPU time spent ...
    (rec.pets.dogs.behavior)