Can't Use Messenger with Firewall ON

From: Nirvana2004 (saurabh.bhutyani_at_gmail.com)
Date: 07/19/05

Date: 19 Jul 2005 06:32:42 -0700

Hi I have encountered a problem. I tried using ZoneAlarm as well as
Sygate Personal Firewall. Whenever I start my Yahoo messenger I get a
message to allow it or not. When I saw yes it allows me to login to
yahoo messenger, but I can't receive any messages from my friends. Does
anyone know why? or has anyone the solution for the problem?

Relevant Pages

  • Re: videoconferencing
    ... > friends over the internet. ... Friends are mostly using windows ... > version of Yahoo Messenger so must be compatible with the windows version ...
    (alt.os.linux.suse)
  • yahoo messenger DOS
    ... When adding friends to your yahoo messenger you can click a link on their ... profile. ... and it will put it in the friends group. ...
    (Vuln-Dev)
  • videoconferencing
    ... Looking for a webcam/program for conferencing. ... Friends are mostly using windows ... version of Yahoo Messenger so must be compatible with the windows version ...
    (alt.os.linux.suse)
  • Re: Yahoo and MSN Messenger
    ... you have to install Yahoo Messenger if you want to talk with them. ... communicate with one another or do they both have to be using the same ... I'm using the MSN Messenger that came with my PC and many of my friends ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.messenger)