Re: SP2 Firewall vs. Zone Alarm?

From: Duane Arnold (Notme_at_notme.com)
Date: 07/12/05

Date: Tue, 12 Jul 2005 11:46:17 GMT

Berryo wrote:

> Ken wrote:
>> Jason Edwards wrote:
>>
>> <snip>
>>
>> > If you really want to control outbound connections then get yourself a
>> > proper external firewall/proxy box.
>> > I don't mean a $50 NAT box.
>>
>> Could you recommend one? Or post a URL to an article, FAQ or review
>> about them?
>>
>> Thanks for the tips!
>>
>> Ken
>
> you might want to check out the Linux-Bering firewall. It uses
> Shorewall, boots from a floppy, and runs on just about any crappy old
> machine with 2 network cards in it. You can find it on sourceforge.

The person is asking for a Windows based solution and has a NAT router is
place.

What good would the above do?

Duane :)

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Switch() Statement Not Working
    ... You are talking nonsense. ... O'Reilly reference: ... This is recommended in the FAQ only because all other books are worse. ... recommend it. ...
    (comp.lang.javascript)
  • Re: EU Book Club: The Knife of Never Letting Go, Patrick Ness
    ... I've had another couple which I'd recommend: ... is well worth reading. ... Thanks for the positive review and the reco. ...
    (uk.media.radio.archers)
  • Re: William, Are You Back?
    ... Because I generally recommend it. ... content that's typically called a 'review' is gonna be disappointed ... It's like saying saying, "I had meat today. ... YOUR taste at work... ...
    (rec.arts.movies.current-films)
  • Re: How do I make an Image visible?
    ... required until the FAQ maintainer eventually removes the recommendation from ... The document.layers branch was removed but the document.all branch was left at the behest of John Stockton because, at the time, he was still using IE4 and complained about the "people of the world who couldn't upgrade" (for whatever reason). ... be an instrument to save regulars' free time and allow them to answer only the interesting questions, you only misuse the authority that you have been given to keep the status quo as much as you can, as bad as that is. ... The fact that the book is in the FAQ at all is directly because it is the "least bad book" and it has been discussed, at length, that the FAQ should at least recommend *some* book, even it is the least bad book. ...
    (comp.lang.javascript)
  • Re: ECM Botticelli II
    ... whether they would recommend it. ... There is a review over at ... lift the temperature for the very very robust steam. ...
    (alt.coffee)