Re: Firewall for Win98/Me/2000 that filters incoming only?

From: Kerodo (loopback_at_localhost.com)
Date: 07/12/05

    Date: Tue, 12 Jul 2005 02:18:20 -0700

    In article <cnv6d1dc06mkn9updoekfvbsa7lguc8s6i@4ax.com>,
    mitebbotsnospam@yahoo.com.nospam says...
    > On 11 Jul 2005 07:43:47 GMT, elaich <a@b.c> wrote:
    >
    > >Tim S <mitebbotsnospam@yahoo.com.nospam> wrote in
    > >
    > >> For my sister or people that have a hard time with a more advanced
    > >> firewall, something that just filters incoming only maybe?
    > >
    > >Incoming is not what you need to filter. It's outgoing.
    >

    > too advanced. just something similar to XP firewall. must be something
    > i can put on there for a bit of protection instead of wide open...
    > hmm...

    If you just want to filter incoming traffic, you might try CHX-I. It's
    a great packet filter. No app control, so no prompts etc. Will do what
    the XP firewall does but better. Register for a serial, it's free.

    http://www.idrci.net/idrci_products.htm

    Read the online docs for a basic understanding of it, and download the
    sample rule set, then modify if necessary for your needs. Pretty
    straight forward.

    --
    Kerodo