Re: Firewall for Win98/Me/2000 that filters incoming only?

From: Tim S (mitebbotsnospam_at_yahoo.com.nospam)
Date: 07/12/05

Date: Tue, 12 Jul 2005 01:28:39 -0700

On 11 Jul 2005 07:43:47 GMT, elaich <a@b.c> wrote:

>Tim S <mitebbotsnospam@yahoo.com.nospam> wrote in
>
>> For my sister or people that have a hard time with a more advanced
>> firewall, something that just filters incoming only maybe?
>
>Incoming is not what you need to filter. It's outgoing.

too advanced. just something similar to XP firewall. must be something
i can put on there for a bit of protection instead of wide open...
hmm...

Relevant Pages

  • Firewall for Win98/Me/2000 that filters incoming only?
    ... For my sister or people that have a hard time with a more advanced ... firewall, something that just filters incoming only maybe? ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)
  • Re: Firewall for Win98/Me/2000 that filters incoming only?
    ... Tim S wrote in ... > firewall, something that just filters incoming only maybe? ... It's outgoing. ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)
  • Re: Firewall for Win98/Me/2000 that filters incoming only?
    ... > For my sister or people that have a hard time with a more advanced ... > firewall, something that just filters incoming only maybe? ... Install a virus scanner, even though it won't know about the virus until ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)
  • Re: Remote Assistance - cant connect
    ... Recently each sister has had a problem but when I tried to help by aking them to invite me via remote assistance in both cases I got the invite, they saw I accepted it but then it spent close to a minute trying to connect before giving an error message that a connection could not be made. ... Both of them use the Windows firewall and I tried disabling their firewalls with no effect. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: Remote Assistance - cant connect
    ... Recently each sister has had a problem but when I tried to help by aking ... them to invite me via remote assistance in both cases I got the invite, ... use the Windows firewall and I tried disabling their firewalls with no ... I use McAfee firewall but as I am connecting to them I assume ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)