Re: Norton Firewall blocking port 81

From: Mehdi (vioccc_at_REMOVEME.gmail.com)
Date: 07/08/05

Date: Fri, 8 Jul 2005 14:00:47 +0100

On Fri, 8 Jul 2005 13:59:46 +0100, Mehdi wrote:

> Hi,
>
> We have developped a client application that initiates TCP connections to
> our server applications on several ports including port 81. One of our
> client has had some problem using our client application on his machine.
> The application was able connect to most of our server applications fine
> but not to the one listening on port 81. It turned out that this client had
> Norton Firewall (don't know which version yet) installed and that shutting
> down his firewall allowed him to connect just fine.

Oh, yeah, and i forgot to mention that all this happens under Windows

Relevant Pages

  • Re: thin client com ports
    ... I'm glad that you got at least one more client working! ... MCSE, CCEA, Microsoft MVP - Terminal Server ... the COM port settings? ... I am testing several thin clients. ...
  • Re: network installation manager
    ... there is a firewall between master and client machines, ... NIM Communication within a Firewall Environment ... master via nimclient calls to the nimesis daemon. ... reserved port range of 1023-513. ...
    (comp.unix.aix)
  • help: using smtp.gmail.com as SMART_HOST
    ... with my Google gmail address. ... is pop.gmail.com, using port 995. ... Retrieving mail is not the problem since my Google searches ... client, I believe the term is) to send my mail to Google's ...
    (comp.mail.sendmail)
  • Re: Unable to print to networked printer - get access denied messa
    ... Check the permissions on the server assuming the client has a true RPC ... How is the Standard TCP/IP port configured for the device? ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.print_fax)
  • Re: Why encapsulate state pattern......
    ... >>>without changing the interface nor the object's identity. ... >> closing an already closed port. ... is that the client has to track a rule that says old states need to be ... is open, in order to send data, so it needs to know that open, opens ...
    (comp.object)