Re: IPCop for Small-Business Network: Web Proxy Usage

From: Moe Trin (ibuprofin_at_painkiller.example.tld)
Date: 06/25/05

Date: Sat, 25 Jun 2005 11:16:35 -0500

In the Usenet newsgroup comp.security.firewalls, in article
<o4hpb11gprasmsb73171dina522gdi0osl@4ax.com>, Micheal Robert Zium wrote:

>>> If it detects any malware coming in our out, the LAN is halted,
>>> to halt any spread of whatever it found.
>>
>>Wouldn't it be wonderful if Comcast used that on ALL of their routers?
>>Just think how much less spam, viruses, worms, trojans and all that you
>>would no longer have to worry about. You really should suggest that
>>to Comcast - I'm sure they'd be pleased to hear the suggestion.
>
>I can't begin to tell you how much that made me laugh.

You shouldn't. I think it's a brilliant idea, and Charles should be
talking long and hard to Comcast, and Pacific Bell (pacbell and pbi
are part of SBC, along with Ameritech, SNET, and SWBell). Think what
a vast improvement we'd see.

>Do you think Chucky is trolling, or is really that stupid? It can't be
>ignorance, he'd know better by now.

I think it's a fantasy world he lives in where everything must be
just like what he sees on his computers. What I'm worried about is that
he's going to take his expertise as a microsoft flight simulator pilot
and think he really can fly that 747 into Sacramento Executive airport
(You can, Charles - you really can! You might want to be pretty aggressive
on the brakes and reverse though. Just watch the gross weight - you
probably need to be under 353,000 pounds and +30C if AC150/5325-4 is to
be believed.)

        Old guy