Re: Trojan horse Downloader.Generic.ML

From: Chris Salter (chriss_at_hotmail.com)
Date: 06/23/05

Date: Thu, 23 Jun 2005 11:51:36 +0100

Art wrote:

> You're thinking "inside the box" again. Try using a little imagination
> and creativity.
>
> For xDSL, high gain rotary antennas at every telco office sweeping a
> radius of up to four miles ... backed up with digitial cracking sw ...
> should do the trick very nicely.
>
> In my geographical region where the only ISP offering xDSL is owned by
> the telco, such monitoring boxes don't seem very far fetched or even
> very futuristic. They could be produced in volme at relatively low
> cost. More futuristically and generally, I envision close cooperation
> between telcos (who have an interest in this as well) and ISPs.
>
> Cable providers will want to jump on this bandwagon as well ... and
> they will help defray the costs of monitoring in return for the info
> provided.

Sigh....

How would the Telcos prove that the wireless signal they have found is being used by

a) their customer
b) carries internet access on it and
c) being used illegally

I have wireless in my house, its has nothing to do with my ISP what I do with my wireless signals, or what my wireless signals carry.
Suggesting that ISPs/Telcos have the right to sniff and crack communications is utterly mad.

--
Chris Salter
MOB: 07707169232

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Trojan horse Downloader.Generic.ML
    ... > In my geographical region where the only ISP offering xDSL is owned by ... > the telco, such monitoring boxes don't seem very far fetched or even ... I have wireless in my house, its has nothing to do with my ISP what I do with my wireless signals, or what my wireless signals carry. ...
    (alt.computer.security)
  • Re: Trojan horse Downloader.Generic.ML
    ... >> In my geographical region where the only ISP offering xDSL is owned by ... >> the telco, such monitoring boxes don't seem very far fetched or even ... >> cost. ... Not if you're freeloading ISP service. ...
    (alt.computer.security)
  • Re: Trojan horse Downloader.Generic.ML
    ... >> In my geographical region where the only ISP offering xDSL is owned by ... >> the telco, such monitoring boxes don't seem very far fetched or even ... >> cost. ... Not if you're freeloading ISP service. ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)
  • Re: SNMP on OSX ?
    ... whether you will actually get the information you need via SNMP. ... The telco is intercepting traffic bewteen me and my ISP as PPPoE packets ... the telco will be billing the ISP for my particular usage. ...
    (comp.sys.mac.system)
  • Re: Random Network Droping, advice needed
    ... > When I worked for one ISP we had one single location where our ISDN ... I worked for an ISP and the Telco wanted to drop the service because ... The tech refused at first. ... It turned out to be a bad connection that was heating ...
    (Fedora)