Re: Trojan horse Downloader.Generic.ML

From: Zvi Netiv (support_at_replace_with_domain.com)
Date: 06/21/05

Date: Tue, 21 Jun 2005 15:19:44 +0300

"Ron Reaugh" <ron-reaugh@worldnet.att.net> wrote:
> "Zvi Netiv" <support@replace_with_domain.com> wrote

[...]
> > I tend to agree with Ron, that the smoke is from a gun, but he failed to produce
> > evidence that will help exposing that gun. Without it, what we have is nothing
> > more than the evidence that there were WMD in Iraq on the eve of the second Gulf
> > War. What we need is info on what creates the NULL file and how, and the way to
> > obtain it is by replicating its creation, under controlled conditions. Instead,
> > Ron is wasting his time (and ours) in reiterating already exhausted evidence.
>
> NO, AVG is my expert. AVG flagged it. AVG may have detected virus like
> activity and/or now considers THAT file to be a nasty. AVG's report/flag IS
> the evidence.
> The is no evidence that AVG made an error. In fact all the evidence
> suggests that AVG performed admirably.

You certainly fooled me. I see now that I misunderstood your original post.
Quoting from:

"So where and how did this file C:\NULL that AVG claims is Trojan horse
Downloader.Generic.ML appear from? Was it really there since 5/5 but went
unnoticed ... OR did something penetrate all the firewalls and suddenly spawn
this file ... What likely happened here?"

Speaking of consistency and logic ... ;-)

Regards, Zvi

--
NetZ Computing Ltd. ISRAEL www.invircible.com www.ivi.co.il (Hebrew)
InVircible Virus Defense Solutions, ResQ and Data Recovery Utilities

Relevant Pages

  • Re: System Restore Keeping Only One Restore Point
    ... inactive while ZoneAlarm was active. ... AVG for the next two weeks. ... it might be several days before I have the evidence I ... re-installing System Restore as detailed by Daave. ...
  • Re: Trojan horse Downloader.Generic.ML
    ... AVG flagged it. ... AVG may have detected virus ... report/flag IS ... >> the evidence. ...
    (alt.computer.security)
  • Re: Trojan horse Downloader.Generic.ML
    ... AVG flagged it. ... AVG may have detected virus ... report/flag IS ... >> the evidence. ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)
  • Re: Trojan horse Downloader.Generic.ML
    ... >> evidence that will help exposing that gun. ... >> more than the evidence that there were WMD in Iraq on the eve of the second Gulf ... AVG flagged it. ... InVircible Virus Defense Solutions, ...
    (alt.computer.security)
  • Re: Dallas machinist 2, Bad guys 0
    ... you can be sure someone in your neighborhood is armed. ... important thing that will keep gun rights from going away is to be ... when the evidence is that there is no relationship between being armed to ... Good for Al. Nobody cares about philosophy when the issue is being shot at. ...
    (rec.crafts.metalworking)