Re: Is Netgear FVS318 a "true" firewall?

From: Mark (
Date: 06/21/05

Date: 20 Jun 2005 18:48:03 -0500

I'd also pick holes in this statement: "Intrusion Detection features".

Netgear (and Cisco) misuse the terminology.

If AV and Spyware is a concern I would point you too a more sophisticated
solution, such as a Netscreen, Sonicwall, or Fortinet appliance (my fav is
Sonicwall at the moment). Using the Sonicwall as an example it has true
Intrusion Prevention, Gateway AV which adds a nice second layer of AV (but
you should always keep desktop/server AV as well), and anti-syware (biggie
for me at the moment).