ZoneAlarm Settings Help

From: fred (fred_at_hotmaim.con)
Date: 06/18/05

    Date: Sat, 18 Jun 2005 08:49:19 GMT

    ZA free version 5.5.094.000 (latest/current) on XP Home and W98SE

    Under Firewall Zones there is an entry for the Adapter Subnet that is
    apparently present by default 192.168.1.102. Also apparently by default it
    is set to the internet zone. If I understand correctly I was supposed to
    enter a range of IPs for my local workgroup 192.168.1.100-192.168.1.150 and
    set it to trusted; I did that. These IPs are assinged by DHCP from my
    Belkin wireless router which I set to assign starting at 192.168.1.100.
    Also I set the Belkin to have the IP/gateway address 192.168.1.77.

    Why is 192.168.1.102 for the local Adapter set to internet; it's a 3c905?
    It is possible to change it to trusted. Which is right?

    Currently 192.168.1.102 is both set to internet zone by the Adapter Subnet
    line and by the range line for the local workgroup which is set to trusted.
    What is the zone for 192.168.1.102 internet or trusted? Does the order a
    line appears in the zone list make any difference?

    So do I need to add a ZA zone entry 192.168.1.77 and set it to the internet
    zone?

    • Re: How many Global Catalog Servers are needed?
      ... make for an AD DNS FQDN domain name, ... external Internet you need scenario 1, although it is the most DNS-intensive ... Each DNS zone is authoritative for the zone of that name so ...
    • Re: AD DNS naming
      ... my e-mail and Site Internet." ... infrastructure (mostly with respect to DNS and VPN). ... If you do not select this option and go with scenario 2 ... Each DNS zone is authoritative for the zone of that ...
      (microsoft.public.windows.server.dns)
    • Re: .com versus.local
      ... DNS and public names on the internet etc but I have never had someone ... All DNS entries are help at the ISP. ... external Internet you need scenario 1, although it is the most DNS-intensive ... Each DNS zone is authoritative for the zone of that name so ...
      (microsoft.public.windows.server.dns)
    • Re: DNS domain name same as AD domain
      ... Or should I change the DNS domain first to something else? ... For any host name that you wish to have access from both your internal network and from the external Internet you need scenario 1, although it is the most DNS-intensive over time. ... Each DNS zone is authoritative for the zone of that name so therefore the external DNS zone and internal AD/DNS zone will NOT replicate with each other thereby prevent internal company records to be visible to the outside Internet. ...
      (microsoft.public.windows.server.dns)
    • Re: Domain naming strategies
      ... a delegation to an unreachable internal dns server. ... my e-mail and Site Internet." ... network and from the external Internet you need scenario 1, ... Each DNS zone is authoritative for the zone of that name so ...