Re: Kerio Personal Firewall Driver: AppendFragmentToLongPath

From: Duane Arnold (Notme_at_notme.com)
Date: 06/17/05

Date: Fri, 17 Jun 2005 18:41:12 GMT

Guida wrote:

> I also have the same problem every time I compile an asp.NET application
> it pops up the a small icon in sys tray saying exactly the same
> message.
>
> I have XP SP2 without automatic updates (I had engouh!...) without
> Firewall.
> I use BitDefender and of course a Kerio firewall.
>
> I also would appreciate same help on this one.
>
> Best regards,
>
> Guida

Well go behind the protection of a cheap NAT router and disable Kerio when
doing your .NET devlopment work and you won't have a problem when doing
the .Net compile. And besides, if you have IIS running on that machine,
then the machine needs to be behind the protection of a NAT router and not
some PFW solution on a mahcine with a direct connection to the Internet --
that's no appliance between the modem and the computer.

Duane :)

Relevant Pages

  • Re: inline vs. function pointers
    ... machine needs. ... code bloat is unlikely to be significant - 2000 lines will compile to ... then the code will probably run ten times slower ...
    (comp.lang.c)