Firewall question

From: froogle (frooglee_at_gmail.com)
Date: 06/16/05

Date: 15 Jun 2005 17:25:25 -0700

Hi,
  I'm not new to linux but I'm needed to administer a small group of
computers snce recently and need to add a firewall to the network. It's
a windows lan. I have been reading iptables howto and tutorials since
many days but it's not very clear to me how to make my own firewall.
What to add for a windows lan etc.

Can someone point me to some guide/website that would help me learn
iptables quickly and easily? Maybe I need to read more howtos for
detailed security later but for now I need urgent help or I won't be
spared.

Regards,
Froogle

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Firewall question
    ... I have been reading iptables howto and tutorials since ... > many days but it's not very clear to me how to make my own firewall. ... > What to add for a windows lan etc. ... > detailed security later but for now I need urgent help or I won't be ...
    (linux.redhat)
  • Firewall question
    ... I have been reading iptables howto and tutorials since ... many days but it's not very clear to me how to make my own firewall. ... What to add for a windows lan etc. ... detailed security later but for now I need urgent help or I won't be ...
    (comp.os.linux.networking)
  • Firewall question
    ... I have been reading iptables howto and tutorials since ... many days but it's not very clear to me how to make my own firewall. ... What to add for a windows lan etc. ... detailed security later but for now I need urgent help or I won't be ...
    (linux.redhat)
  • Re: Firewall question
    ... I have been reading iptables howto and tutorials since ... > What to add for a windows lan etc. ... > detailed security later but for now I need urgent help or I won't be ...
    (linux.redhat)
  • Re: Firewall question
    ... Lan firewall will help protect lan from internet. ... > What to add for a windows lan etc. ... I would suggest installing Shorewall to create/monitor your firewall settings. ...
    (comp.os.linux.networking)