Re: Firewall needed behind router?

From: Charles Newman (charlesnewman1_at_comcast.spammers.go.away.net)
Date: 06/14/05

Date: Mon, 13 Jun 2005 20:22:23 -0700

"Moe Trin" <ibuprofin@painkiller.example.tld> wrote in message

> of which most are running at home (and badly infected), very few are
servers
> because of massive security problems built into the O/S, fewer still are
> Internet facing, and only a few do more than perfunctory IP networking. By
> the way, your 95 percent figure is advertising copy unrelated to facts.

    Well, like I say, I have switched to using third-party
software, such as AllegroSurf. I find that it is not
as vulnerable to attack as Microsoft ICS. If you do
use a Microsoft Windows server, do use a third-party
program, such as AllegroSurf, you will find your
system not as vulnerable.
      While I still get the rare malware infection, my
network is much more secure with ProxyPro,
AllegroSurf, or Wingate, than it us using native
Microsoft Internet Connection Sharing (ICS).
Most worms take advantage of flaws in ICS,
which do not exist in third-party products